1/2-3/4 cup vegan butter, I use Earth Balance buttery sticks. It may have been dry in my home when I made this, so I used close to 3/4 cup this time
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
salt, just a pinch. You may omit this, but I find it necessary
1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips, I use Lily’s dark chocolate
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat buttery sticks, brown sugar and vanilla for about 3 minutes. You want to make sure you cream the ingredients together.
- Slowly add in the flour, a little at a time. Then add the salt.
- Stir in the vegan chocolate chips, gently. You don’t want them to lose their shape.
- Turn dough onto prepared pan, pressing it down firmly with a spatula. This took a few minutes to get it pressed evenly into the pan.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set up, or overnight.
- Cut them into bars and serve.
- You can store them in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.